What should I bring if my tour includes the Salar?
Thermal pants and jackets.
Comfortable shoes or sneakers.
Batteries, memory cars and chargers.
Hats for the sun, gloves, scarf and hats for cold.
Raincoat, raincoat and/or umbrella for the rainy season.
Sunglasses, high SPF sunscreen and lip balm.
Swimsuit, towels and other essential items, suitable for thermal waters.
Our services include
• Everything mentioned in each program.
• Guide in Spanish or English (guides in other languages will be confirmed according to availability).
• All the tickets and admission to the touristic places: Incahuasi Island, Pukara de Ayque, and R.E.A.
• Insurance against accidents, satellite phone service for emergencies, GPS for each group, mobile communication devices in each car.
Our services do not include
• Everything not mentioned in the program.
• Food or drinks not specified in the programs.
• Ticket to the pool in the thermal waters.
Damaged, lost or forgotten items
Hidalgo Tours is not responsible for damaged, lost or forgotten objects, caused by passengers, international tour coordinators or interpreters, in the places visited during the tour or in the hotels. In case they notice it, the guide and drivers are always required to contact the company if they find objects forgotten by the passengers in the vehicle or place of visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many guides does my tour have?
There will only be 1 guide per group, in groups of up to 20 people.
How many days do I need to visit the Salar?
To visit the salt flat one full day is enough. Our tour starts at 10:00 am and ends after sunset.
How can I confirm the service if I am a passenger?
To confirm the reservation we request an advance payment of 50% of the total cost of the service, this payment can be made through a bank deposit, Western Union transfer or online credit card. The remaining 50% must be paid in Uyuni. Check out our payment policies for more details or contact us through our contact form if you have any questions.
How can I confirm the service if I am an agency?
Reservations must be confirmed up to 30 days before the arrival of the passengers, with a deposit of the total cost of the group in addition to submitting the list of passengers.
What payment methods are accepted?
For payments we accept: bank deposit, transfer by Western Union, credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD)
What are your cancellation policies?
You can find all the information in our " Policies" section.
Do you do personalized tours or do you only sell pre-made packages?
If you let us know how you plan to arrive and leave Uyuni, as well as the number of days you have available, we will gladly send you a special quotation for all the services, including transfers, meals, hotel and tours.
How many days do I need to visit the colored lagoons?
We recommend a minimum of 3 full days and 3 nights to visit the Salar de Uyuni and the Red and Green Lagoons. Two of the nights in a hotel near the lagoons area, for instance our Hotel Mallku Cueva.
How do I get to Uyuni?
Para llegar a Uyuni, la principal vía para hacerlo es desde La Paz, una vez ahí se tiene 3 opciones:
• Bus nocturno con Todo Turismo.
• Bus regular a Oruro y tren a Uyuni.
• Uno de los vuelos diarios de Amazonas o BOA a Uyuni.
Do the hotels have rooms with private bathrooms?
The first option to get to Uyuni is from La Paz, once there you have 3 options:
- Night bus with Todo Turismo.
- Regular bus to Oruro and train to Uyuni.
- One of the daily flights from Amazonas or BOA to Uyuni.
Do you work on national holidays such as Christmas and New Year's Day?
Our services operate normally throughout the year, without distinction of religious or civic holidays. The service is only stopped or modified due to major circumstances (local protests, health emergencies, weather problems, etc.).
Does it include an English-speaking guide or driver?
All services are operated by a team of Spanish-speaking driver(s) and English-speaking guide at no additional charge (other languages upon availability).13. How many people go by car? - As a company policy, we consider up to 4 people per car on the tours, with no additional cars for children or passengers at a discount.
How many people go by car?
As a company policy, we consider up to 4 people per car on the tours, with no additional cars for children or passengers at a discount.
Is it possible to see alpacas, llamas or flamingos on your tours? How many days do I need for that?
If you are interested in seeing these animals in their natural habitat, there are three-day tours that reach geographical points where it is possible to observe them. On the route to the lagoons there are different wetlands where you can see llamas, alpacas and vizcachas; as well as the Eduardo Avaroa Reserve, where you can see the beautiful flamingos.
•The reservation of services is subject to availability at the time of processing your quote and cannot be guaranteed until we have received your confirmation and/or pre-payment details.
• Hotel pre-bookings included in the service will expire on the date informed by our sales representative, we are no longer responsible for your reservation beyond that date.
• When booking 10 passengers, a discount of 50% is available for the 11th passenger.
• When booking 15 passengers, the 16th passenger travels free of charge.
• A maximum of 4 passengers per car is allowed, and we do not add cars at a discount for extra passengers.
• Children under the age of 10 have a 50% discount on services and rates are calculated based on the number of adults.
• Children under the age of 2 are free of charge and share a room with their parents.
• Reservations must be confirmed 30 days before the arrival of the passengers, with a deposit of 50% of the total price and the complete guest list; or 7 days before the service, with 100% of the total cost.
• In case of not receiving the deposit and full payment, the System will automatically cancel the entire reservation, with no liability for us.
• Payment can be made through:
• Bank deposit.
• Transfer by Western Union.
• Credit Card.
Cancellation and Change Policies
Once the reservation has been confirmed, the client may cancel it under the following conditions:
• 30 days before arrival: free of charge (except for the cost of money transfers).
• 29 to 7 days: hotel cancellation charges according to each hotel’s policy.
• 6 to 2 days: Costs incurred by us.
• 24 hours: 50% of the total cost including A&B and Services.
• No Show: 100% of the total cost.
The policies for hotels are different for each hotel, so when choosing the hotel you should ask the representative about their policies.
PARA EL TRANSPORTE Y TOURS / CAMBIO DE ITINERARIO
• Hidalgo Tours may, for reasons of force majeure and/or security, change the confirmed itinerary or hotel, as well as departure and arrival times. This will be coordinated in a timely manner with the client and/or through the agency.
• Hidalgo Tours is not responsible for delays of the airline or any type of transport outside the scope of operations of the company.
What do I have to consider if I wish to travel to the Salar de Uyuni?
To make your stay pleasant and ensure the best memories of this wonderful place, it is very important for you to know that the Salar de Uyuni has very marked climatic characteristics, a particular environment and other singularities that can significantly condition the access, the stay and the enjoyment of your visit. Before booking this part of your adventure, we want to make sure you are aware of all the variables.
Seasons and temperatures
The Salar de Uyuni is characterized by its two very different seasons: the dry season and the rainy season. There are details to be taken into account for each one.
This season runs from the end of April to the beginning of December, during which there is no rainfall and therefore the Salar can be crossed from end to end. From May to September the average temperature is 5ºC and can often reach a few degrees below zero, especially at night. In the months of October, November and December the temperature rises, reaching 14ºC approx. For the winter months (May to September) it is advisable to wear very warm clothes, preferably jackets, windbreakers, gloves and hats.
Also called the “Water Reflection” season, it runs from the end of December to mid-April. During this time, due to the amount of rainfall, the salt flat fills up with water and – for the safety of visitors, according to regulations of the department of Potosi – it is forbidden to enter more than 15 km. During this season, the average temperature is usually 14 ºC and the weather can offer days that are very cloudy or rainy. We recommend light clothing, water boots, sandals, raincoats and a hat to protect you from the sun.
RELATED TO HEALTH
The Salar is more than 3600 meters above sea level. It is recommended that people who are not used to this altitude consume a lot of water and eat moderately before and during their stay because, in some cases, digestion can be slightly affected by the altitude. Likewise, it is recommended not to subject the body to intense activities, such as long walks, without resting intervals.
RELATED TO CHILDREN
Although there are many people who travel with children, the Salar de Uyuni is a 100% natural destination in which there are not many attractions for the youngest members of the family. However, if your children are used to long journeys in a vehicle, don’t hesitate to bring them along.
THE BEST TIME
The best time of the year to visit the salt flat depends on personal preferences. During the rainy season (December to March) the salt flat is flooded and it is not possible to reach the Incahuasi Island or the Thunupa volcano, however, it is during this season that the salt flat looks more impressive due to the mirror effect you have surely heard about. In winter (June to September) it can be too cold and there are snowfalls, but it is possible to visit both the Incahuasi Island and the Thunupa Volcano. During the rest of the months the salt flat is not flooded and the temperature is not too cold.